Terms and Conditions 50,000 CashPoints competition
- This Promotion is only open to Eligible Participants. An Eligible Participant is a person aged 18 or over and is a member of Norwegian Reward programme (membership terms and conditions apply). Only Eligible Participants may enter the promotion.
- This promotion is administered by Avis Budget EMEA Ltd (“Promoter”).
- Employees of the Promoter and Norwegian Reward, their subsidiaries, agencies and anyone else professionally connected with the prize draw, their employees or family members of such employees may not participate in this promotion.
- By taking part in this promotion, Eligible Participants confirm that they accept these terms and conditions unconditionally.
- There is 1 prize of 50,000 CashPoints to be won.
- There will be 1 winner and the winner needs to reside in either Norway, Denmark, Finland, Sweden United Kingdom and Spain.
How to enter
- Simply book a qualifying rental during the promotion entry period.
- The Promotion Entry Period is defined as: commencing at 12:00:01 AM BST on 29 August 2019 and ending at 11:59:59 PM BST on 31 October 2019. Any entry, by any method, received by the Promoter after this time and date will not be entered the promotion.
- A qualifying rental reservation must be made in the period 29 August 2019 to 31 October 2019 and with rental period 29 August 2019 to 31 January 2020.
- A qualifying rental must be made using a Norwegian Reward/Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD) number: W131400, W251700 or W130900. Reservations made on www.avisworld.com/NorwegianReward will have an AWD automatically embedded in the reservation.
- LIMIT: There is a limit of three (3) entries per Eligible Participant.
- The Promoter does not represent, warrant or guarantee the availability of any website, computer system or telecommunications systems in its custody or belonging to any third party, necessary for accessing any Promoter website or computer system, for the purpose of entering this promotion.
- No responsibility is accepted by the Promoter for entries lost, damaged, defaced, rendered illegible, incomplete or delayed, regardless of cause, whether delayed in the post or incomplete due to systems failure, or for entries not received or incompletely received due to website traffic congestion, unauthorized human intervention, failure of computer or telecommunications systems, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, or the failure to capture any such information.
- The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds:
- to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of this promotion;
- to be acting in violation of these rules;
- to be acting otherwise than in good faith; or
- to have provided any false or misleading information as part of the process of entering the promotion.
- No cash alternative to the Prizes will be offered. However, the Promoter, at its total discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prizes with alternatives of similar characteristics and commensurate value.
- The closing date of the competition is 31 January 2020. The Winner will be drawn and awarded the prize up two months after the closing date.
- A randomly selected Winner will receive the prize in the form of a Norwegian travel gift card with a value of 50,000 CashPoints.
- The Winner will be drawn within 5 days after the competition ends and will be notified via the telephone number used to make the Avis rental car booking.
- If the Winner does not confirm his or her prize within 5 days, Norwegian Air Shuttle reserves the right to select a different Winner.
- The Winner may be asked to take part in publicity resulting from this prize draw without further compensation. The Winner will be advised of the nature and extent of any publicity and/or distribution of their name and will be given the opportunity to consent or refuse consent to such publicity and distribution. The names of any Winner who gives prior consent to such publicity may be published on the Promoter’s websites for a period of two (2) months after the promotion’s closing date.
- The Prizes are non-redeemable for cash and are issued subject to Norwegian Reward terms and conditions. This offer is non-transferable and cannot be used in conjunction with any other Norwegian Reward or Promoter offer or promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the promotion or amend these terms and conditions without prior notice at any time, for whatever reason, and without any liability to customers for doing so.
- By taking part in this promotion, participants agree to the personal data they supply being used by the Promoter or its agents or subcontractors to administer this prize draw, who will only use the information provided for the purpose of administering the prize draw.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- General Terms and Conditions for Norwegian gift cards apply.
- The winner is responsible for booking the trip and paying for it with CashPoints redeemed from the gift card
- All tickets are subject to availability.
Conditions for the prize
By accepting the prize, you agree to the following conditions:
- The value of the prize is 50,000 CashPoints
- The prize will be given as CashPoints to the value equivalent of the ticket price. The prize will be in the form of a gift card.
- The winner must be aged 18 years or older and registered as a traveller on the trip obtained from the winnings.
- The prize cannot be transferred to another person.
- Accommodation, insurance, food, transport in the country of destination to and from hotel/airport and spending money are not included in the prize.
- The winner must obtain and register all necessary travel and identity documents for the trip (a passport valid 6 months after departure, ESTA, visas etc.), subscribe to travel insurance if necessary (luggage, liability, accident and illness), as well as obtain any vaccinations that are necessary for the country of destination.
- The prize cannot be redeemed in cash. It must be used on or before 31 December 2020.
- The winner shall pay any state taxes due on the prize if they exist.
- Please contact Norwegian Reward immediately if you find yourself unable to use the prize due to illness or other obligations.
- Norwegian Reward reserves the right to revoke the prize if the winner attempts to use the winnings for commercial purposes.
- We refer you to the general rules and conditions for travellers of Norwegian Air Shuttle, available online here and the general Terms and Conditions for Norwegian Reward, available here.
Terms and Conditions CashPoints:
1. Avis will award CashPoints on qualifying Avis rental value. A qualifying Avis rental value is; time and mileage charges, charges for collision damage waiver and theft protection, charges for any ancillary products and/ or services, less any VAT or Taxes specific to the origin of the country of rental.
2. To qualify for CashPoints for your Avis rental the reservation must include:
a. Reward Number of the first named driver (the "renter"). This Reward Number must be given at time of reservation.
b. Reservations must be made using a Norwegian Reward/Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD) number: W131400. Reservations made on www.avisworld.com/NorwegianReward will have an AWD automatically embedded in the reservation.
3% CashPoints for qualifying Avis rental value will be awarded if the Norwegian Reward/Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD) number: W131400 is not included into the reservation.
3. If the rental is not paid in NOK, then the currency will be changed to NOK at the Avis Exchange rate applicable on date the CashPoints award is created (the date the CashPoints award is generated).
4. The final rental value used to calculate the CashPoints will exclude any charges for damage (actual damage charges or insurance excesses charged due to damage) and will exclude all taxes.
5. Post-rental, if any adjustments to the value of that rental are made (e.g. a refund is made by Avis Customer Services) then the appropriate CashPoints award adjustment may be credited or debited from the Norwegian Reward member's account as necessary.
6. No CashPoints will be credited to any Avis contracted/corporate rates, Avis employee rates, airline employee rates, tour operator rates and other net rates.
7. If any other AWD number is present in a customer’s Avis Preferred profile and this is used in the rental booking then only 3% CashPoints for qualifying Avis rental value will be awarded.
8. Promotion is only valid for separate rentals and not rentals with consecutive rental rates.
9. This promotion is not valid on Prestige rentals worldwide.
10. The awarding of CashPoints may take up to 8 weeks after the last day of the rental
11. All CashPoints issued are subject Norwegian Reward terms and conditions.
Free additional Driver - Download coupon here
1. All Norwegian Reward members are eligible for one free additional driver on every qualifying rental worldwide
2. Simply make your reservation as normal and then request an additional driver to be added when you collect your car. If additional driver is added at time of reservation you will see the additional cost. The cost for additional driver will be removed when you collect your car.
3. The additional driver must meet standard Avis age and driver requirements for that rental location. The additional driver must present a full valid driving licence (both parts if new style UK paper/picture card version; International Driving Permit if the driver's licence is in written in non Roman alphabet e.g. Greek / Arabic etc.)
4. Only one additional driver may be claimed free of charge per rental. Further additional drivers will be charged at time of rental at the appropriate rate published for that location.
5. This benefit is available for all Norwegian Reward Members only, on qualifying rentals.
6. To qualify, reservations must be made using a Norwegian Reward/Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD) number: W131400. Reservations made on www.avisworld.com/NorwegianReward will have an AWD automatically embedded in the reservation.
7. If any other AWD number is present in the rental booking no free additional driver will be awarded.
8. If any other AWD number is present in a customer’s Avis Preferred profile and this is used in the rental booking no free additional driver will be awarded and once booked this cannot be reversed.
1. Offer of up to 15% off Avis leisure rates and up to 40% off Avis standard rates is valid worldwide, but level of discount various from country to country.
2. Standard Rates means Avis’ basic tariff, available to all types of customer and always available for sale. Leisure Rates means Avis’ publicly available retail rates, generally quoted on Avis’ websites. Both rates are subject to fleet availability.
3. Discounts may apply to all rental length (weekend, daily, weekly rates).
4. All discounts offers are subject to mandatory surcharges for the full rental duration.
5. Minimum advance booking period of 24 hours applies.
6. Offer valid on all car groups, subject to availability at the time of booking.
7. Offer restrictions may apply at certain times in certain locations.
8. Prices vary by season and by Avis location.
9. Offer may not be used in conjunction with any other discount, promotion or offer and is subject to availability.
10. To qualify, reservations must be made using a Norwegian Reward/Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD) number: W131400. Reservations made on www.avisworld.com/NorwegianReward will have an AWD automatically embedded in the reservation.